The glossary is an easy way to access the information contained within the site. Terms which might not be immediately apparent or obvious are available here to browse or are accompanied throughout the site with a small question mark. Hover over to find out more or click on the icon to go direct to the glossary term.
- National Housing and Planning Advice Unit search for term
- The National Housing and Planning Advice Unit (NHPAU) was set up to help make market housing more affordable and to address the trend in the rise in the number of people prevented from getting onto the property ladder
- National indicatorsearch for term
- There are a set of 198 national indicators against which the performance of local authorities are assessed as part the new process of Comprehensive Area Assessment for local government
- Neighbourhood chartersearch for term
- A neighbourhood (or local) charter is a voluntary partnership agreement between a community, the local authority and other service providers
- Neighbourhood fundssearch for term
- a budget devolved to neighbourhood to spend on projects to improve the locality. This may be, but is not necessarily allocated through participatory budgeting techniques.
- Neighbourhood managementsearch for term
- is a process of coordinating public service delivery at a local level
- New Town Bluessearch for term
- Is a term created by the press to describe some of the symptoms experienced by residents of the New Towns created in the UK after the Second World War
- Not-for-profitsearch for term
- refers to organisations or initiatives which invest their profits back into their charitable activities