The glossary is an easy way to access the information contained within the site. Terms which might not be immediately apparent or obvious are available here to browse or are accompanied throughout the site with a small question mark. Hover over to find out more or click on the icon to go direct to the glossary term.
- Participatory budgetingsearch for term
- when residents are directly involved in making decisions about how sections of local budgets are allocated and invested
- Place-shaperssearch for term
- local government's wider, strategic role to use powers and influence to promote the general well-being of a community and its citizens.
- Place-shapingsearch for term
- a wider, strategic role for local government, using powers and influence to promote the general well-being of a community and its citizens
- Practitionersearch for term
- is someone who engages in an occupation or profession that is involved in planning and delivering settlements
- Practitionerssearch for term
- are people engaged in an occupation or profession that is involved in planning and delivering settlements
- Procurementsearch for term
- is the process of acquiring goods or services for the best possible value for money.
- Proxiessearch for term
- individuals or organisations that can speak on behalf others
- Proxysearch for term
- an individual or organisation that can speak on behalf of another